Skip to main content

I Believe

I believe that if we stand up and take responsibility for our mistakes we risk many things but the knowledge we gain is worth much, much more.

I believe that risk and failure and success and experience and about a million other things build character...or take away from it.

I believe that happiness is not about good luck or good fortune but rather a decision that we make with each experience that we have.

I believe that all peace and happiness starts within and moves without. I do not believe you can reverse that.

I believe we can waste a lifetime blaming ourselves or blaming others for the problems in our life or our world or we can spend a lifetime doing something about it.

I believe whether you make a conscious decision or not, you are setting an example for somebody.

I believe like attracts like, who and what do you want to attract?

I believe good memories are better than good inheritances.

I believe what you say isn’t half as important as what you do.

I believe the best things in life are free – free of judgement, free of discrimination, free of bias, free of hatred.

I believe if you can only follow one thing, it should be your intuition.

I believe it is OK to act now and ask for forgiveness later if you can explain why it was important for you to do that.

I believe the only person you are required to trust is yourself but I believe you’ll be happier if you learn to trust others too.

I believe in nature and nurture – you cannot have one without the other.

I believe friends and family are the foundation of faith.

I believe being selfish is an asset not a character flaw. You can be nothing to nobody if you aren’t something to yourself.

I believe you should be the absolute center of your own universe. I do not believe you should be alone in that universe.

I believe that you should laugh with your children loud and often and if you don’t, you are in the wrong business.

I believe that you will never win if you don’t play the game.

I believe that stress and worry and heartache exist but for how long, how much and how often is entirely up to you.

I believe that self-esteem, or the lack thereof, can be sensed from great distances.

I believe missing someone can build or break a relationship.

I believe that trading your heart for a promise of safety is a terrible trade.

I believe the quality of your life is as good as the quality of the people you share it with.

I believe the best thing you can do with what happened to you yesterday, is to learn from it today.

I believe how you feel on the inside is visible on the outside. Clothes cannot cover everything.

I believe the best thing you can put on each day is a smile.

I believe that the sights and sounds that fill our space also fill our souls.

I believe in paying attention to the details. If this is your one shot at life...don’t you want to see, hear, learn from and experience every inch of it?

I believe in evolution. I have evolved. Have you?

I believe life is very, very hard and from time to time throws us unexpected curveballs. I also believe that despite the hard times and curveballs life is still very, very good.

I believe in faith that accepts change and gets out of the way for personal growth.

I believe very strongly in the life philosophies that work for me. I encourage you to believe strongly in whatever works for you.

I believe people can do anything they want all by themselves. I believe our experiences are maximized when we share them with someone we care about.

I believe what is true today may not be true tomorrow and what is true for me may not be true for you -- and I believe that is OK.

What do you believe?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's so hard to leave....until you leave.

“And as paralyzing and upsetting as all the never agains were, the final leaving felt perfect. Pure. The most distilled possible form of liberation. Everything that mattered except one lousy picture was in the trash, but it felt so great. I started jogging, wanting to put even more distance between myself and school. It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.” ― John Green , Paper Towns

We should all strive for this

  Do not ask your children to strive for extraordinary lives. Such striving may seem admirable, but it is the way of foolishness. Help them instead to find the wonder and the marvel of an ordinary life. Show them the joy of tasting tomatoes, apples and pears. Show them how to cry when pets and people die. Show them the infinite pleasure in the touch of a hand. And make the ordinary come alive for them. The extraordinary will take care of itself. Source:  The Parent's Tao Te Ching